What's So Special About the Cookie???

Kellerman Cookies are a soft, thick cookie made with all natural ingredients (butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, flour, salt) and topped with homemade marshmallow fondant. Cookie flavors are simple and delicious: Original Sugar, Chocolate and Lemon. Each is hand decorated. Hope you enjoy my blog, come back often to see our newest creations.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Mini's - "Fat Pills" & Stroke Risk Decreased with Home-made Cookies!



I wanted to take cookies to work for my friends and thought it was the perfect opportunity to introduce the "Mini" or as I refer to them as "Fat Pills".  They are a one or two bite cookie that are perfect for just a little bit of something sweet. These are chocolate covered with pink fondant and decorated with a royal icing rosebud.  

On another note, I read on Yahoo news this past week that store bought or processed cookies are one of the foods that increase your risk of having a stroke. The solution they mentioned was making your cookies at home, from scratch.  That sounded to me like an endorsement for my made-from-scratch cookies which contain only natural ingredients such as butter (not margarine or shortening) and no preservatives. So, I guess they're saying that my cookies are actually good for you !  ( Do you think?) Let me know if I can contribute to your good health : )

Here's a link to the yahoo article if you'd like to see for yourself!

http://health.yahoo.net/caring/5-foods-that-can-trigger-a-stroke

Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment